As stone fabricator, we understand the importance of proper care to ensure the longevity and perfect condition of your investment.
Stone Fabricator Tips for Keeping your Kitchen and Bath Countertops Always Looking New
- Use Cutting Boards: To avoid scratches and dents, always use cutting boards when preparing meals. Sharp knives can leave permanent marks on the surface of your countertops, especially if they are made of natural stone.
- Avoid High Heat: While stone countertops are highly heat-resistant, extreme temperatures can cause damage over time. As stone fabricators, we always use trivets or hot pads under hot pans, pots, and other heated objects to prevent thermal shock and potential cracking.
- Clean Spills Promptly: Promptly wipe up any spills, especially those containing acidic substances like citrus juices, vinegar, or wine. Acids can etch the surface of natural stone, leaving dull marks or discoloration.
- Use Coasters and Placemats: Place coasters under glasses, cups, and bottles, and use placemats or trivets under plates and utensils. This will protect your countertops from potential stains caused by spills and abrasions from rough materials.
- Avoid Abrasive Cleaners: Steer clear of harsh or abrasive cleaners, as they can scratch or dull the finish of your stone countertops. Opt for mild, pH-neutral cleaners specifically formulated for stone surfaces.
- Seal Natural Stone Countertops: If your countertops are made of natural stone, consider applying a high-quality sealant regularly. Sealing helps protect the stone from stains and moisture penetration, preserving its beauty for years to come.
Shop where it actually makes a difference. Shop at Absolute Stone Design, a stone fabricators located in Richmond, Virginia.
Absolute Stone Design | 11200 Washington Highway, Glen Allen, VA 23059 | 804-752-2001