Natural stone such as granite, quartzite and marble can elevate your outdoor kitchen adding a timeless factor to it. In this blog post, we will talk about the benefits, outdoor kitchen ideas, and expert tips for incorporating natural stone outdoors.
Imagine stepping into a serene outdoor kitchen sanctuary, surrounded by the beauty and elegance of natural stone. The textures, natural colors, and timeless appearance of granite, quartzite, marble, and soapstone can truly elevate your outdoor kitchen to new heights of luxury.
Benefits of Natural Stone Countertops for Outdoor Kitchens
- Durability: Natural stone such as granite, quartzite, marble and soapstone are long-lasting and resilient materials, capable of withstanding the weather conditions, with proper care.
- Aesthetics: When you look at natural stone countertops, you know it is something unique created by nature thousands of years ago. Every slab is different, according to how the elements impacted the stone throughout the time.
- Versatility: Stones such as granite, quartzite, marble and soapstone can be used for various applications such as outdoor grill countertops, patios, walkways, fire pits, and so on.
- Low Maintenance: Natural stones require low maintenance, making it a practical choice for outdoor kitchen. From all natural stones, Marble is the one that requires frequent maintenance, as it’s a porous stone. At Absolute Stone Design, we recommend using mild soap and water in all stones, and sealing it accordingly.
Expert Tips for Using Natural Stone in Outdoor Kitchen
- Choosing the Right Stone: Always consider variables such as durability, slip resistance, and maintenance requirements. For example, quartzite and granite are on the lowest level of maintenance, while marble requires more care.
- Blending Stone with Surroundings: When planning the overall aesthetics of the project, choose colors and textures that go along with the landscape, architecture, and outdoor elements such as decoration. In this project shown above, for example, the brighter stone compliments perfectly the white columns, contrasting with the darker elements.
- Proper Installation Techniques: Trusting the experts at Absolute Stone Design in Richmond, VA, is the way to go. Proper installation techniques are crucial for the stability of stone features. This includes leveling, and usage of appropriate outdoor kitchen stone adhesive or epoxy.
Contact Absolute Stone Design today for expert guidance and a wide range of natural stone options that will take your outdoor kitchen to the next level of elegance. We are located in Richmond, Virginia.
Do you need an estimate on your project?
Absolute Stone Design | 11200 Washington Highway, Glen Allen, VA 23059 | 804-752-2001